- Earn a minimum of nine (9) parent education credits by attending monthly parent meetings and/or school events.
- Examples include: Parent Orientation, Trunk or Treat, Parent to Parent Events, Parent Shares, Bunko Fundraiser Night and Parent Education Events at Bates Technical College.
- Participate in one or more school committee.
- Examples include: Classroom Representative, Board Member, Librarian, Scholastic Book Order Chair, Fundraising Committee, Field Trip Chair
- Attending a Classroom Training day to learn classroom procedures and safety to prepare you for volunteering in the classroom.
- Work in classroom as scheduled on assigned days. Number of days per week/month depend on class size.
- Attend field trips with your student.
- Transportation to and from location is up to the parent and can range from two to eight field trips a year depending on the class.
- Provide a nutritious snack as scheduled usually one to three times a month.
- Click here for a link with examples of HEALTHY snack ideas! Please be mindful of any food allergies in your student’s class, you will be notified at the beginning of the year!
- A registration fee of $60.00 per child is required. A child is officially enrolled when registration is paid and registration forms are completed. The registration fee is not refundable after August 1st. Registration may be mailed to the preschool at P.O. Box 88804, Steilacoom, WA 98388. Checks can be made payable to Steilacoom Preschool. If a student is registered midyear after January 1st, the registration fee is reduced to $30.00.
Tuition for the 2016/2017 School Year
- 4 Year Old Class (Pre-K) – Monday – Thursday: $105.00 per month.
- 3 Year Old Class – Monday, Wednesday & Friday: $85.00 per month.
- 2 Years Old/My Parent and Me Class – Tuesday & Thursday: $58.00 month.
First and last month’s tuition is due and payable at the start of school. For more information on tuition discounts visit the Tuition and Registration page.
Bates Technical College Fees
- Steilacoom Cooperative Preschool parents are required to be registered with Bates Technical College and are automatically enrolled in a continuing education parenting program. The Bates fees are based on tuition rates and vary from year to year due to State funding changes. The Bates Quarterly Tuition fees for the 2016-2017 school year are $27.80 per quarter for the 2 year old class and $41.50 per quarter for the 3 year old and 4-5 year old (pre-K) class. Bates fees are paid 3 times per school year (in October, January, and March). You will be notified of the amount at the beginning of the school year and will be given the option to pay the whole year. One parent per family is registered with Bates. Families with multiple children enrolled will pay just 1 Bates fee.
- In order to save money for the families and keep the preschool’s costs down, the deep-cleaning of the classroom and toys will be done by parents on a monthly basis. The classroom cleaning dates will be scheduled with the cleaning coordinator at the beginning of the school year and only one cleaning day is required per family. A $75 cleaning deposit, in the form of a check, will be taken at the beginning of the school year. This deposit will be held until such time as the family has fulfilled their cleaning obligation. Parents that keep their scheduled cleaning time will get their check back in full after the cleaning requirement is met. If the cleaning obligation is not met or if the parent chooses to just pay the $75 fee, the check will be cashed and the money used for facility cleaning. The decision to pay in lieu of fulfilling cleaning duty must be made well in advance of the scheduled cleaning day.
- Participate in fundraising activities as outlined by the Fundraising Chair.
- Keep your child home if there are signs of a cold, flu or any other communicable disease.
- Alert teacher if you see any unsafe school conditions or your child or family has any signs of disease that may affect school members.
- Click the links for a copy of the Parents Health and Safety Checklist that we discuss during classroom training, and our Health and Safety Checklist that Bates performs on our school and the official Risk Management Manual.
For more information read the Parent Cooperative PreSchools Handbook and the By-Laws and Standing Rules.